Re: /etc/network/interfaces or /etc/pcmcia/network.opts?

    "Bruce" == Bruce Best <(CRO)" <bestb@lao.on.ca>> writes:

    Bruce> Another problem (which also existed using the
    Bruce> /etc/pcmcia/network.opts) is that the wireless card will
    Bruce> not work if the onboard (wired) card is up; I _have_ to
    Bruce> disable eth0 in order to get wlan0 to work. Generally, this
    Bruce> isn't a big deal, as I don't have to switch between a wired
    Bruce> and wireless network very often, but when I do, it means
    Bruce> having to go in and manually bring up the wired interface,
    Bruce> which is a bit of a pain.

    Bruce> Shouldn't I be able to leave both up, and let the system
    Bruce> find which one actually has a connection?

Bruce,

I'm stretched here, because I don't actually do this myself. However,
if you are using pump for dhcp you should be aware of bug
#121126

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?archive=no&bug=121126

If you do get this solved, please post your findings. I'd be
interested. A few years ago a friend got me to switch to pump from
good ol' dhpcd (or is it dhpcpd) and I remember being a little bummed
when I saw this bug somewhere.....

Cheers!
Shyamal