Re: Seeking recommendation for Laptop, must satisfy:

On Mon, 2002-10-07 at 15:20, Oleg wrote:
> On Monday 07 October 2002 06:02 pm, kyi wrote:
>
> > My laptop is close to "Everything works". The specs are not quite what you
> > want but the newer model does.
> >
> > Toshiba 3005-S307
> > [...]
>
> Are you referring to Toshiba Sat 5xxx? There's actually a mailing list about
> Linux on Toshiba Sat 5005, and people seem to be agreeing that it's a rather
> bad laptop for Linux. Pages linked from linux-on-laptops.com seem to say the
> same thing. The one issue I'm aware of (I never owned 5xxx) is that one can
> not get to BIOS other than through Windows. It's called "legacy-free"
> computer.
>
> I've heard good things about Toshiba walk-in tech support though.
>
> Oleg

Although it is a legacy free laptop (no ps/2, serial ports) you can
still get into the bios to do limited things. It's not one of the
nightmare 5xxx series this one is from the 3xxx series. I acually
checked out all of the hardware for compatablity before I bought it.

- Jayson Garrell