RE: /etc/network/interfaces or /etc/pcmcia/network.opts?

<snip>

>I don't use my Linux laptop much anymore. However, I did set it up
>with /etc/network/interfaces. The one thing I do have is have the
>hotplug interface installed

Thanks; I do have hotplug installed, and it seems to its job.

<snip>

>and also
>apm. The file /etc/apm/event.d/pcmcia from the pcmcia-cs package
>seems to take care of the suspend/resume events.

I'll have a look at the apm docs.

Another problem (which also existed using the /etc/pcmcia/network.opts) is
that the wireless card will not work if the onboard (wired) card is up; I
_have_ to disable eth0 in order to get wlan0 to work. Generally, this isn't
a big deal, as I don't have to switch between a wired and wireless network
very often, but when I do, it means having to go in and manually bring up
the wired interface, which is a bit of a pain.

Shouldn't I be able to leave both up, and let the system find which one
actually has a connection?

B.