Re: Seeking recommendation for Laptop, must satisfy:

On Monday 07 October 2002 06:02 pm, kyi wrote:

> My laptop is close to "Everything works". The specs are not quite what you
> want but the newer model does.
>
> Toshiba 3005-S307
> [...]

Are you referring to Toshiba Sat 5xxx? There's actually a mailing list about
Linux on Toshiba Sat 5005, and people seem to be agreeing that it's a rather
bad laptop for Linux. Pages linked from linux-on-laptops.com seem to say the
same thing. The one issue I'm aware of (I never owned 5xxx) is that one can
not get to BIOS other than through Windows. It's called "legacy-free"
computer.

I've heard good things about Toshiba walk-in tech support though.

Oleg