Re: /etc/network/interfaces or /etc/pcmcia/network.opts?

    "Bruce" == bestb  <Bruce> writes:

    Bruce> Should it?? Is there a way to use the
    Bruce> /etc/network/interfaces to bring the card back up
    Bruce> automatically when resuming?? Or should I just go back to
    Bruce> using the /etc/pcmcia/network.opts for configuring this
    Bruce> card??

I don't use my Linux laptop much anymore. However, I did set it up
with /etc/network/interfaces. The one thing I do have is have the
hotplug interface installed (but I can't remember if that is relevant,
it has been almost a year since I fiddled with this stuff), and also
apm. The file /etc/apm/event.d/pcmcia from the pcmcia-cs package
seems to take care of the suspend/resume events.

I use a Compaq Armada M300, and I used to use a Sony Viao N505VE with
Orinoco "Silver" and a Cabletron RoamAbout 802.11 cards. This is stock
Woody, stock 2.4.18 kernels and stock pcmcia-cs installs. The hotplug
was to support USB keyboards/mice, but it might be related. Just can't
remember.

Cheers!
Shyamal