Re: toggle resolution

On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, David Reviejo wrote:
> * Daniel Pittman <daniel@rimspace.net> [021003 11:49]:
>> On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, steve thompson wrote:
>> > Can anyone tell me how I can change the resolution?
>> > I have several resolution entries in XF86Config-4,
>> > but how do I toggle from one to another?
>>
>> Control-Alt-Keypad Plus works, or install the gvidm package.
>
> On laptops this key sequence is usually very dificult to type;

...not if you have an external keyboard plugged in, which I used to
routinely do at home. :)

[...]

> I use
>     xvidtune [-next | -prev ]

That's reasonable. gvidm simply presents a pop-up menu of video modes to
chose from, which I find useful. I forgot about this.

      Daniel

--
I am, as I said, inspired by the biological phenomena in which chemical
forces are used in repetitious fashion to produce all kinds of weird