Re: Trying to get sound working ...

Last week, i have installed Linux on my laptop, and i had the same problem....

After long days of research i have find that i should patch my kernel (2-4-18) with ACPI (you could find this patch on http://sourceforge.net/projects/acpi ).

Finally i have installed a kernel 2.4.19 (because on my laptop, the patch didn't really work... :( ) and compile it with ACPI support, and it work !!!! I have sound.

I have a SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio with ALSA.... but for the moment it's a Mandrake 9.0 :( because it include a 2.4.19 kernel...

I will try with a Debian....

Have fun :) and sorry for my english... i'm french :)

Etienne