Re: Need advice installing Debian on Inspiron 2500

Jeff <jcoppock1@attbi.com> wrote on 31/01/2002 (10:01) :
> First you need to create the S2D partition.  I believe you can
> get a utility from Dell that will create it.  I recall some
> discussion on this subject on this list awhile ago, check the
> archives.  There may be another utility (phdisk comes to mind but
> I'm not sure).

But I don't understand why there isn't a patition on my machine now as
it came from dell? I think that this S2D is not a real partition, but
like a file that you can put on a windows partition. Anyway I don't
think I will use this suspend a lot as I do not trust these things a lot
so I'll just go ahead a repartionate now.

> Know the spec's:  video and audio chipsets, mouse spec's, main
> board chipset, processor type, etc.

Yes.

Thanks!

--
Preben Randhol ------------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
                 «For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.»