network install on Compaq Armada E500 with D-link pcmcia

Hi,

I'm trying to get debian woody on a compaq notebook (Armada E500, pIII
500Mhz processor). I started the instalation with the boot floppies from
debian testing, with ext3 & udma100. I'd like to continue with the
base-install, however, my pcmcia card is causing some trouble:

when I configured the pcmcia device, it started to run (pcmcia_core
loaded, leds are lit)
next I want to configure the network, but then I get a message that there
was no device found. This messages returns after I have manually modprobed
pcnet_cs and 8390. I thought I 'd also need ne or ne2 module, but they
can't het inserted *device busy*.

the pcmacia card is a d-link dfe-650tx

It worked fine under various distrubutions of mandrake.

suggestions are very welcome!

thx

pieter