Re: Lilo and himem.sys

Axel Bojer wrote:

> Hello!
> One other Problem Ive been troubeling with: When I (using linuxconf) set Lilo
> up to be in MBR, I no longer can use windows. To be exact: it starts up in
> windows, when I type "windows, as I wanted, but then Windows gives the error:
> Himem.sys is missing (or something similar). And I KNOW THAT is NOT the
> problem! (I even tried replacing it with the help of a windows CD, but it still
> gives the same message). Perhaps just some small corrections somewhere, but I
> just cant find out wich one.. Perhaps someone else do know?
> Thanks in forward!
> (By the way, I now am using a diskett to start up Linux)
> Greeting, Axel

It may be that you have to set the Windows partition active. Lilo
doesn't do this by default. If you are just dual booting with Debian (no
other OS's involved), it should suffice to just set it active once with
Win9X fdisk or whatever - and it will stay that way.

You can also configure Lilo to do it when you boot to windows. Check the
Lilo documentation for the correct syntax.

Tom