Re: orinoco & DWL-650

On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 06:57:41AM -0500, Tom Allison wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience with the wireless pcmcia card driver
> orinoco.o & orinoco_cs.o?

Yes, I'm using it right now.

> I've been running Debian-testing with my custom kernel 2.4.17 and
> pcmcia-cs-3.1.29 and the wireless card driver wvlan_cs.o
>
> wvlan_cs.o was the driver of choice some years ago, but I understand
> that the orinoco driver is supposed to the better one to use (more
> support especially for WEP).  Unfortunately when I tried to use this
> it didn't like me.
>
> I noticed two problems/incidents that might be of use:
>
> While compiling /usr/src/pcmcia-cs-3.1.29/wireless directory I recevied:

Use the kernel oricoco driver (in drivers/net/wireless/).

Erik
[who hasn't been using pcmcia-cs drivers since linux-2.3.x started to
 include PCMCIA/CardBus drivers]

--
J.A.K. (Erik) Mouw, Information and Communication Theory Group, Faculty
of Information Technology and Systems, Delft University of Technology,