Re: Ask debian: OpenGL hardware acceleration support

Marcus Rosén wrote:

Planning on buying my first laptop and I would like to know which graphics card the laptop should have so that I would get good opengl hw acceleration support. ATI, Nvidia...?

just wanted to tell you (and any other interested =) that the S3 Savage cards are actually not hardware/3dfx/opengl supported by linux software. at least i've checked alot of stuff.. without luck.. if anyone have made it to work, then please let me know..