Set http_proxy on cardctl insert

Hello list,

I am trying to cope with different network environments. I set up various schemes in /etc/pcmcia/network.opts. This works fine. For one of those schemes I need to set http_proxy. I tried the following (in /etc/pcmcia/network.opts):
    # Extra stuff to do after setting up the interface
    start_fn () { http_proxy="http://proxy1.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de:3128/"; ; return; }
    # Extra stuff to do before shutting down the interface
    stop_fn () { http_proxy="" ; return; }

But http_proxy won't be set. I tried putting "export " in front of "http_proxy" but no luck. Is there a different place where I have to set http_proxy then? Of course after switching schemes I want http_proxy to be unset.

   Philipp