disable vga mode

Hi All ,

I am ruinning a debian 3.0 on a toshiba satelite laptop ( P 100 ) .
The kernel is a 2.4 serie and boots in vga mode and only allows me to
have a 640x480 display which causes the display to be smaller than the
screen and disables the stretch function .

Myu question is : is it possible to disable the vga mode without
recompiling a new kernel ?

Thanks to all ,

Julien Motch
mail : julienmotch@skynet.be
jabber : jmotch@amessage.de
key fingerprint =  8C87 FCB7 5BCA 5B92 7EEA  8271 116F 26B0 5CC1 0A3C