Re: making full use of acpi

klaptopdaemon is supposed to work with acpi, although you will need to
download the source and patch it (ran into a patch somewhere) so that
it will look for the files in the right place as the packaged version
looks for them in the old place under proc.
I have no idea what it functionality it actually supplies (my laptop
died two weeks after I got it so didn't have time to play with it yet).