Re: making full use of acpi

On Sunday 08 December 2002 16:35, suresh kumar sharma wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a debian kernel 2.4.19 system on my sony vaio
> laptop , and I am relatively new to this linux world
> and I just moved from APM to ACPI for power
> managment.I appliead the acpi patch .
> and am running acpid also .
> but the power management doesn't seem to be very
> efficient still (not that it was with APM).
> is there any analogues application like laptopdeamon
> for apm in acpi .
> or any other applications which can help improve the
> system performance and keep track of battery status
> and temperature etc.

acpi is still new and being fleshed out in Linux.  To my knowledge there is
very little support and what support is out there is spread of lots of little
apps.  You have toshiba utils, thinkpad utils, vaio programs, etc.  This a
great area for someone wishing to help out the Linux community as a whole.