From: Lewis, James M. [mailto:Jim.Lewis@alcoa.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 11:02 AM
To: debian-laptop@lists.debian.org
Subject: RE: Eth0 interrupt(s) dropped?

> Hi,
>
> I am hoping to get some pointers on how to resolve an
> interrupt problem
> on my Portege 7010Ct laptop.  The error message: ("eth0 interrupt(s)
> dropped") appears multiple times every minute or so.  The computer is
> currently running Woody (kernel 2.4?), using a Netgear FA410TX PCMCIA
> nic card which was automatically recognised and configured
> during setup.
> I checked the IRQ assignment in the /proc driectory, and IRQ=3 is
> assigned to "pcnet.cs", which correspond to the IRQ info I get using
> ifconfig.

I have the same card in an old micron laptop and I get the same
messages. They seem to be harmless.  I would like to get rid of them
also.  They started appearing about the time I went to 2.4.19.  2.4.17
did not do it and I don't know about 2.4.18.  I also get "spurrious
interrupt" messages from time to time.  This laptop is '93 or '94
vintage and is getting a bit irratic (like the floppy drive won't work
after the system warms up). But that's another story...

I am about to try 2.4.20 and a new pcmcia source package.  I'll let you
know if it's fixed...

jim