Re: Dell cpu speed toggle (was: Temperatur weirdnes)

On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, Dan Christensen wrote:

> For the high speed test, the machine was sometimes in light use,
> sometimes idle.  For the low speed test, it was completely idle.
>
> So for me, the slow speed is no use.

Heh bizzare. Must have been because the cosmic rays were being partially
blocked because of the moon during the solar eclipse (which, BTW, I am
pissed that I missed, but I digress). You did the slow speed test after
the fast one? I wonder if the battery wasn't quite charged between the 2,
despite reading 100% - or maybe the battery was a bit warmer because of
the extra work, and hence a bit less efficient?

Maybe too many chickens in your fridge.

            Computer screens simply ooze buckets of yang.
    To balance this, place some women around the corners of the room.
                                        -- Kaz Cooke, Dumb Feng Shui