Re: first post - which laptop to buy for OPTIMAL audio & graphics

On Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 11:12:34PM +0100, Juraj Ziegler wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 07:04:39PM +0000, Rama wrote:
> > hi all, I'm new to laptops (just about to get the first one) and I'd
> > need an advise on which option should be considered in order to get the
> > best sound & graphics performance from it. I'd need a good audio
> > solution (if none onboard audio is acceptable, probably USB or other
> > alternative, but I don't even know which would be fine) and also good
> > openGL (for example nVidia w/64 m are interesting, but I know radeon
> > might also work with openGl/Accel through DRI but I'm not quite sure
> > about it and don't know anybody with that working.
> >
> > I was looking at Dell Inspirons or Latitude but some people told me that
> > the audio on those machines is pretty poor.
>
> As to audio, the Creative's Extigy should be quite good. Its an Audigy
> card in a box of its own, connected through USB.

Replying to my own post... I just want to add, that I have no experience
with Extigy on Linux.

[e]

>e@hq.sk<                   /(bb|[^b]{2})/                 >http://hq.sk/~euro<
    build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying
    to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
                                                                    -- Rich Cook