Re: Temperatur weirdnes

Hi,

> > Same thing with my Dell Latitude C400. I've heard of other
> > people having the same problem, too.
>
> Are you experiencing 85C too?

it's the same with my Dell 8100, BIOS A11. What's even more weird - it
happens *only* after closing the lid while suspended to RAM. On opening the
lid the machine wakes up and turns its fan on at full speed, reporting 85 °C.

Suspending to ram, NOT closing the lid and resuming works without glitches...
oh my.

> Have you, or anyone you know ever checked, whether the problem exists
> with Windoze as well?

It's fine with Win XP Pro.

This must be a BIOS bug. Any Dell 81k users with a BIOS > A11 using APM and
not having these troubles? Maybe it's worthwile to update.

Regards,
  Frank
 Frank Trenkamp                            ftrenkam at uos.de
 PGP fprt: 5A0C 4AE9 74A5 51F0 2D34  E7DC 67FF 32C4 0357 5653