Re: HD performance question (3hd raid)

On Monday, 18. November 2002 15:55, Mike Dresser wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Robert Michel wrote:
> > Just for speed fetishists ;-)
> > No - my hds is fust enough but I would be interested if someone already
> > heared about it and has a report or know a webpage about it .
>
> There's a couple laptops out there with bays for up to four hard drives,
> Eurocom.ca sells one(the 8880E) , but it's just a rebadged version of
> another laptop.

> Then again, when you're paying 6000+ dollars w/tax, ....

Salve Mike,

no no, I wouldn't buy a golden case for my laptop either,
I thought about an selfmade and cheap raid,
Linux-dell-laptop is also discussing how to change CPUs of Laptops,
to make them faster (and the battery running time shorter).

I would prever to fit another accu inside the media bay to have
> 8 hours, than using a raid.
But on other hand a second hd is not bad
-to play around with new systems
-to mirror parts of the debian server
-and an fast way for backups
why not a using then a soft raid on two hds for hd intensitive
things swap, (video editing)...

So more precise, do anybody know about selfmade media bay for
2 hds :-)  - so "just for fun"?

Greetings
rob