Re: HD performance question (3hd raid)

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Robert Michel wrote:

> Just for speed fetishists ;-)
> No - my hds is fust enough but I would be interested if someone already heared
> about it and has a report or know a webpage about it .

There's a couple laptops out there with bays for up to four hard drives,
Eurocom.ca sells one(the 8880E) , but it's just a rebadged version of
another laptop.

At top spec, 15.7" screen, P4 2.8, 1 gig ram, up to 240 gig hd, in 4
spindles, 64 meg video, onboard.. uh, everything.

Base is ~2000 without the goodies, 5915 with spare batteries, adapters,
extra warranty and the tv tuner.

Then again, when you're paying 6000+ dollars w/tax, the tv tuner doesn't
seem so frivoulous :D

Mike