Re: HD performance question (3hd raid)

On Monday, 18. November 2002 13:01, Daniel Pittman wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:

> > Question 2: Can I do better than this?
>
> No.
>
> > I still think hard disk performance is a bit slow but that may be just
> > me.
>
> It is. You have a laptop, which means a 5400RPM drive is *fast*. Don't
> expect desktop performance out of these poor little drives. :)

Don't beat me for this proposel:

- Why not putting two edditional hds in one modular bay and run an software
   raid with three hds?

size wouldn't be a problem:
 - two hds in two layers would fit
power wouln't be a problem:
 - one CD-RW: 	1.4A
 - one HD:		0.5A
master/slave woudn't be a problem
 - two HDs should fit inside of the modular bay :-)

= but what about the hiting transphere?
= and this laptop would be a little bit louder.

Just for speed fetishists ;-)
No - my hds is fust enough but I would be interested if someone already heared
about it and has a report or know a webpage about it .

Greetings
rob