Re: sound on an HP pavilion zt1135

Max wrote:
> No, the alsa divers don't work:-) Give Jeremy's solution a try. It's
> the only possibility to get sound working on Pavilions...

Hmm... Clearly not for all Pavillions:
I have a Pavillion ZE4125 and I use the ALSA driver for it compiled as a
module. (Note I also have ACPI compiled into the kernel
v2.4.20-rc1-ac1.) I followed the instructions for the ALI5451chipset
(what is actually in the ze4125) on the ALSA web site. Note that you
will need to install a mixer to un-mute the sound... (As is says in the
instructions!) I also have the modem working. Indeed everything works on
it except PCMCIA (broken IRQ routing?) and the fancy buttons (see OMKE
on sourceforge).

Cheers,

Jason.