Re: sound on an HP pavilion zt1135

On Sunday 17 November 2002 00:26, Jason McGuiness wrote:
> Max wrote:
> > No, the alsa divers don't work:-) Give Jeremy's solution a try. It's
> > the only possibility to get sound working on Pavilions...
>
> Hmm... Clearly not for all Pavillions:
> I have a Pavillion ZE4125 and I use the ALSA driver for it compiled as a
> module. (Note I also have ACPI compiled into the kernel
> v2.4.20-rc1-ac1.) I followed the instructions for the ALI5451chipset
> (what is actually in the ze4125) on the ALSA web site. Note that you
> will need to install a mixer to un-mute the sound... (As is says in the
> instructions!) I also have the modem working. Indeed everything works on
> it except PCMCIA (broken IRQ routing?) and the fancy buttons (see OMKE
> on sourceforge).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jason.
I didn't mean that he has to use the kernel modules... Only with the ACPI
Patch sound on most pavillions/omnibooks works properly. If You use Alsa, OSS
or Kernel drivers doesn't matter.
If You want to use the buttons try to start omke at boot time and start
hotkeys when You are in X.

Max

--

Think about TCPA

Don't let entertainment industry cut Your rights!

FAQ:
English: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html
German: http://moon.hipjoint.de/tcpa-palladium-faq-de.html