blank screen on bootup

Hi,

I just installed debian via the net (media-less install) on my iBook (purchased in August this year). I have separate partitions for OS X and OS 9. When I rebooted after installing debian, I just get a blank black screen. I can boot into the other operating systems by pressing the option key at startup and choosing a different startup volume. The debian disk (disk with a penguin) shows up on that menu too. Any help please?

Ashifi

http://www.ashifigogo.info