RE: Mouse on a dell Latitude C640

I installed tpconfig, but tpconfig seems to have some
errors.

The output of tpconfig -i is:

Found Synaptics Touchpad
Firmware: 5.9 (single-byte mode).
Sensor type: unknown (27).
Geometry: rectangular/landscape/down.
tpconfig: synaptics.c:332: query_modes: Assertion 'b1
== 0x3B' failed.
Aborted

Any suggestions?
Thanks, Ori