Re: Mouse setup under X

On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 09:12:47AM -0600, Zane Dodson wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 02:57:55PM +0000, Rolf Heckemann wrote:
> | > |

> | > Check your notebook's BIOS.  Mine (an older Toshiba) has a pointing
> | > device section which I can set to simultaneous and use both the
> | > integrated pointing device and an externally connected PS/2 mouse.
> |
> | The important point here is /using two different protocols/.  Sure, I
> | can use an internal and external PS/2 pointing device simultaneously
> | -- but only if I run them with the same protocol.
>
> You are right.  I didn't read the original post carefully.  I agree with
> Rolf that simultaneous use of two *different* mouse protocols over the same
> PS/2 interface is probably impossible.

I'm probably guilty of the same crime, since Paulo didn't actually say
he wanted to use both simultaneously.  I think Yoann's is a good
answer to the then slightly different problem.

I wonder if (and I have no way to test this at present) you could run
two simultaneous instances of X on separate consoles, each one using
one of Yoann's ServerLayouts.  Probably not, because each one will
attempt to initialize the psaux interface for itself.

Rolf