Mouse setup under X

Hi, i've a laptop with a touchpad that can be easely configured on X, my question is how can i configure it to enable an external mouse WITH scrollwheel. The problem is that both the touchpad and the external mouse are PS2.

my current config is:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "External Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
        Option          "Protocol"              "PS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

in order to enable the scrollwheel i've to change the Protocol to ImPS/2, but then, if i've no external mouse on /dev/psaux (i'm using the touchpad) it's impraticable to use it, because the mouse pointer is always junping to the lower left part of the screen...

Can someone tel me how to setup two mouses on the same device, using two diferrent protocols?

Thanks!
Paulo.