Re: How to enable sound with Intel AC'97 on Sony VAIO GRX316G?

Bonjour Thomas,

 yes, that seems to be part of the solution. I have been using the ACPI
patch already, but now I also compiled the oss driver and have been a
bit more successful than before.

  So the current situation is:

        * Modules are not loaded automatically
        * but when loaded by hand
        * xmms does work and outputs that it used OSS
        * kde sound does not work (when logging in it complains about
          /dev/dsp permision denied)
        * gnome is quiet too

  What should I do next?

  What about alsa? I read that alsa is now the way to go, but oss. I
didn't find a alsa howto nor a package below /usr/doc. Where should I
look?

Cheers,
Mariano