Re: How to manager different network environments?

On Wed, 2002-10-30 at 08:48, Derek Broughton wrote:

> > On Wed, 2002-10-30 at 07:58, Auke Jilderda wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm playing around with whereami, looks really good!  I'll look into the
> > > docking/undocking later and first see if I can get it to work properly
> > > in a simple case (two networks, both DHCP, setting mail relay and
> > > network mounts).  Browsing through the "setmailrelay" suggests that it
> > > is written for either Sendmail or Postfix, is that correct or does it
> > > also work with Exim?
> >
> > Correct - I haven't had any Exim users itchy enough to send me the
> > details of what is required so far.  I used to use sendmail, but I use
> > masqmail at the moment, so there is also integration with that.
>
> It shouldn't be an issue.  Exim should install itself _as_ sendmail.  So
> anything you can do with Sendmail should work.

Hi Derek,

Unfortunately it isn't quite that straightforward.  The setmailrelay
script needs to update the configuration file for exim, make changes so
that mail is relayed differently, and then restart it.

It isn't _hard_ but Exim isn't compatible with sendmail at the
configuration file level, unless I miss my guess.

Cheers,
					Andrew.
Andrew @ Catalyst .Net.NZ Ltd, PO Box 11-053, Manners St,  Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/         PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
DDI: +64(4)916-7201     MOB: +64(21)635-694    OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267
           Survey for free with http://survey.net.nz/