Re: disaster disk-crash, help needed (aditional info)

When the similar thing happened to me (just that I was in fault,
because I tried unsupported suspend-to-Disk with Phoenix BIOS
:-), I did reinstall whole system from CD, being very carefull,
that I did not allow repartitioning of the harddisk, and then
when the system was up I found plenty of stuff in /lost+found.
But if you are able to boot up the system, then it may be
different.

Matej