Re: Woody, Orinico, and Airport Base Station DHCP

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 08:58:55AM -0400, Christophe Barbé wrote:
[snip and slightly reformatted]

> ... There is a few web pages that I can't display when I am wireless
> and using galeon (or mozilla) (the html page is loaded but it fails to
> download the images). With the same wireless connexion, Encompass or
> IE under MacOnLinux doesn't have this problem. But this problem
> disappear when I use a cable. I see a similar symptom with ssh. It
> looks like a timeout somewhere. Do you see something like that ?

MTU problem perhaps?

A relatively quick test could be to decrease the MTU on your wireless
connection (from the laptop) to e.g. 600 and see whether it makes any
difference.

If it is, then using --clamp-mss-to-pmtu on iptables would be a
(slightly) better solution. Unfortunately I don't know a solution that
feels 100% correct...

(yes: I suffered from similar problems in the past...)

HTH

--
Karl E. Jørgensen
karl@jorgensen.com        http://karl.jorgensen.com