Re: ACPI patch for the Gnome2 battery applet

> take a look at the acpi command line utility
> (http://grahame.azale.net/acpi.shtml) it does exactely what you're
> looking for, except it misses a UI.

except it doesn't recoginze my batteries:
$ acpi -s
     Battery 1: slot empty
     Battery 2: slot empty
$ grep present /proc/acpi/battery/BAT1/info
present:                 yes
$ grep present /proc/acpi/battery/BAT1/state
present:                 yes

Well, not quite accurate: when i unplug my AC the battery is recognized.
Battery 2: discharging, 100%, 02:17:58 remaining

But there is a big difference: as acpi ist not querying every second it
doesn't need to care about avoiding unnecessary polling of "info".

Gruss,
Erich Schubert
--
        erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)        --        GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C
     A man doesn't know what he knows until he knows what he doesn't know.