dell i8100 and console-resolution

Hi *,

I can't get a higher resolution, the 0x307 with my dell i8100.
Guess, I tried nearly all possibilities, but nothing seems to work here.

I'd like to have 1600x...
Vesafb is compiled into kernel and lilo gets vga=0x307 (*). So far, so good.
But the picture is more sharp, when I switch through Fn-F7 to a other
res.
Unfortunately this resolution produces black margins around the screen.

Any Idea?

* AFAIR just only vesafb works with Geforce2 Go. And any other appending
to lilo results in a ...erhm... destroyed pic.
--
regards, gr.
We have a equal opportunity Calculus class -- it's fully integrated.