dell i8000 and screen-blank (A12)

Hi *,

as in $SUBJECT, I'd like to know if anybody has as solution for me?

My question concerns Screen-Blanking with Bios-Rev A4+. As long,
as I used A4, blanking (and therefore resume) worked well. Unfortunately
I noticed, that the batteries last longer with the new versions (actually
A12). Since the "upgrade" to this version, I get a screen, which is
centered. This means, the top is in the middle of the screen and the
bottom half is displayed over it. (?!)
Understandably, I'd like to see a correct prompt here. ;)
Any ideas out there for this?

Thanks!
--
regards, gr.