Re: Debian 3.0 on Dell Latitude C600

also sprach Dale Gallagher <dgallagher@ananzi.co.za> [2002.09.24.1236 +0200]:
> I'm about to embark on a Debian 3.0 install on my Dell
> Latitude C600.  I've successfully run both Slackware and
> Red Hat on this machine.  Any pointers, caveats etc related
> to getting Debian up and running (on my C600) would be
> appreciated.

I've got a C610 operating without problems (save the modem). If you
use X4.1, then use the vesa framebuffer device, otherwise go with the
ATI driver. it's all downhill from there...

"welcome to american airlines, sir. here's your avocado - remember to
keep it turned on and with you at all times. please turn your luggage
over to the armadillos for rootling."
                      -- http://azure.humbug.org.au/~aj/armadillos.txt