Re: ACPI battery monitor?

> The only exception would be if you change your battery while the program
> is running, but that wouldn't be hard to recognize.

In fact that probably is the most difficul part...
Because user apps don't recieve acpi events.
The only way would be to guess that when a batterys capacity increases
(or decreases in a big jump) the battery has been exchanged.

> Another thing is that some systems have both BAT0 and BAT1...

i've seen "solutions" in "acpi-enabled" programs that check for BAT1, if
BAT1 is found they use BAT1 only; if not they use BAT0, else they
complain about lack of acpi support... ;)

My system could have BAT0, too - but that is the media bay socket my cd
writer is in; as i only have one battery i use BAT1 only. ;)
Of course there probably will be also hardware where three or more
batteries are available.

Command line "acpi" claims i don't have any batteries present... i
should file a bug against it...

Greetings,
Erich

--
        erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)        --        GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C
        To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.