Re: ACPI battery monitor?

> > actually the gnome2 applet does support acpi. at least partially...
> > well, it makes my system almost unuseable, because it querys the static
> > info also every second, which temporarily blocks my system...
>
> Works great for me with acpi: gnome-applets2-2.0.1-4

Doesn't work here: 2.0.3-1  Mouse moves only choppy.
gkacpi didn't cause my mouse to move choppy, neither does
  while true; do cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT1/state; sleep 1; done
but i can reproduce it when i do
  while true; do cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT1/info; sleep 1; done

But i guess it's hardware (and even BIOS) dependent.

Greetings,
Erich

--
        erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)        --        GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C
        To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.