Re: ACPI battery monitor?

> I've got ACPI going on my Laptop (Compaq 720 CA) but the gnome/gnome2
> battery monitor doesn't support ACPI, only APM (from what I can tell).

actually the gnome2 applet does support acpi. at least partially...
well, it makes my system almost unuseable, because it querys the static
info also every second, which temporarily blocks my system...

> Anyone know of a gnome2 compliant battery monitor that uses ACPI instead
> of APM (or even as well as)?

gkacpi, a plugin for gkrellm (which is a nice tool).

Unfortunately this led to system instability (i had a crash almost every
day while using it) - maybe newer acpi versions will be fine.

Greetings,
Erich