Re: OT: setting xterm/rxvt window names

Hola~

>-- On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 09:19:45AM -0700, % wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 September 2002 09:02, Michael K O'Brien wrote:
> > Hola~
> >
> > >-- On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 04:36:35PM +0100, % wrote:

> > > Try echo -ne, make sure you haven't got PROMPT_COMMAND set to something
> > > that overrides it, and haven't embedded a similar sequence in PS1 either.
> >
> > Thanks, but the -ne didn't fix it. I don't have PROMPT_COMMAND or PS1 set
> > to anything.
> >

> $* resolves to "the rest of the command line arguments" last I checked.  So
> you look to be setting the title to nothing.  In fact when I run this command
> (echo -ne) in an rxvt under blackbox the title becomes "Unnamed".

Actually, I've got the line in a shell script:

    #! /bin/csh
    echo -n "\033]0;$*\007"

So, the $* resolves to the command line:

    % title spam

used to set the title to spam. I currently get:

    % title spam
    \033]0;spam\007%

under WindowMaker 0.80.1-2 and blackbox 0.62.1-1. I also ran the commands from
the prompt using "spam" instead of $*. On WindowMaker, I get some odd char
sequence printed to the command line (looks like a mathematical null symbol).
On blackbox, the title is set.

MO