OT: setting xterm/rxvt window names

Hola~

About two weeks ago, I found that I could no longer set the window and icon
title of an xterm or rxvt window with the following script:

    echo -n "\033]0;$*\007"

This happens under rxvt, xterm, WindowMaker, and blackbox. Anyone else seeing
this? Is there another way to set the title on an already launched shell? Is
this a function of the window manager, the terminal, or the shell?

MO

--
Michael O'Brien                                                         Tools
Pixar                                                       mobrien@pixar.com

PETE:    Who elected you leader of this outfit?
ULYSSES: Well Pete, I figured it should be the one with the capacity for
         abstract thought.