Re: which laptop with these features?

Sebastian Kuzminsky wrote:

> Hi folks, i'm looking for a new laptop.  Can anyone recommend a good
> one with these features:

http://www.apple.com/powerbook/
is on my xmas list ;-)

>     14" or bigger screen, with better than 1024x768 resolution

15.2 inch 3:2 aspect 1280x854

>     CD-RW/DVD drive (fixed or removable is ok)

yes

>     accepts a 12.5mm hard disk
>     accepts two batteries

A 55-watt-hour lithium-ion battery with integrated charge indicator
LEDs provides 5 hours of battery life.

>     video supported natively by XFree86 4.1 or 4.2 (not nVidia)

 ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 graphics processor, 32MB of DDR SDRAM

>     audio supported by OSS in the 2.4 kernel
>     price under $2,500

Hmm, I don't know which country's dollars you could mean,
but 2499US dollars is the starting price.

It also comes with a a non-Free version of Unix which
can soon make way for Debian GNU/Linux :-)

http://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/inst/pmac
http://www.linux-france.org/macintosh/tibook.html
http://people.debian.org/~branden/ibook.html

- Richard

--

Richard Smedley
Production Editor, Linux Format

Join us at LinuxExpo UK - 9-10 October 2002 - Olympia2,
   London - http://www.linuxexpouk.co.uk

Matter cannot be created or destroyed, nor can it be returned without a
receipt.