Re: X windows setup

wireless> kyi wrote:

>> I would suggest...
>>
>> XFree86 -configure
>>
>> it will produce a XF86Config.new file. edit it, for the mouse
>> sections since it usally get those wrong. then run 'XFree86
>> -xf86config XF86Config.new' to test it, if X comes up copy it to
>> /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and startx.
>>
>> - kyi

wireless> Well, what you suggested worked, to some degree. Here's what
wireless> I get:

wireless> XFree86 has found a valid card configuration. Unfortunately,
wireless> the appropriate data has not been added to
wireless> XF86PciInfo.h. Please forward 'scanpci -v output to the
wireless> XFree86 support team.

Try using 4.2 --- I had to do that for my new Clevo that uses the
Radeon Mobility chipset.

You'll need to add a line to /etc/apt/sources.list;

deb http://iesc.trasno.net/xfree-4.2.debs sid/i386/

to get the prebuilt debs.
--
Dr Peter Chubb				    peterc@gelato.unsw.edu.au
You are lost in a maze of BitKeeper repositories, all almost the same.