X windows setup

Hello,

I installed X during the coarse of the normal Debian installation. When
my 'Prostar' reboots X tries several times
to start, then fails.

Video ATI Radeon 7500   64Meg of SDram

I not sure how to 'rerun' the X installation, so I can try a
variety of speeds etc.

Is there a good document I should read that talk all about how to
'rerun' the installation and how to tweak thing under version 4 of
XFree?

This is my first attempt at setting up Version 4, so hopefully there is
a new document, and a better way to figure those

vert and horz settings???

James