Re: Dell's hibernate partition (was: Debian on a Dell 4150?)

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Erich Schubert wrote:

> > initialize the s2d partition, dell's very own tool (the latest
> > version) complains that it does not support systems with more than 768
>
> Did you try this lphtool?
> Dells BIOS might be a Phoenix one, and there's a linux utility for
> creating hibernate partitions for phoenix i think.
> lphdisk i think, it also references Dell Inspiron 5000:

Keep forgetting the news:linux.debian.laptop gateway is only one way :)

Hmmm - lphdisk on my system wan'ts a partition type of A0. The s2d
partition is already set to type 84 - "OS/2 hidden c: drive", so
lphdisk bails out. Can I safely turn on "-f" - I am wary of anything
that mentions disk corruption when it's been so long since my last
backup :)

"Nature is pretty" -- CmdrTaco