Re: Sound-probs with Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 09:16:01PM +0200, Dirk Hahn wrote:
> > That is a pci type card (chip) and therefore, I would recommend just
> using
> > 'modconf'.  This program is a module loader for all sorts of modules
> from
> > file system types to ether-net cards.  Go into the sound section and
> pick
> > your sound type, press enter and it will attempt to load the module.
> If it
> > fails, it will tell you on the spot.  If it works, it will tell you it
> was
> > successful.
>
> hm, wanted to try it with modconf, but there is no soundsection in
> modconf.
> Do I have to install any further packages to get modconf running that?

I don't know about modconf as a separate program, but I find my sound
section in the sound file in /etc/modutils/ ( if there is no sound file,
just create one).  You update /etc/modules.conf from what's in /etc/modutils
by running update_modules, which comes from package modutils.  modules
mentioned /etc/modules.conf are automatically loaded by the kernel when
needed.  You need kernel option CONFIG_KMOD=y for automatic loading.

Drew

--
PGP public key available at http://people.debian.org/~dparsons/drewskey.txt
Fingerprint: A110 EAE1 D7D2 8076 5FE0  EC0A B6CE 7041 6412 4E4A