Re: Debian on a Dell 4150?

Hello all,

Spiros Kapetanakis schrieb:

> Initially, I have the following questions:
>
> 1. How do I resize the other operating system's partition (it's the XP
> variety) without having to reinstall? The only reason why I need to do
> this instead of just wiping out completely is so because I don't really
> want to fiddle with the other OS, I wouldn't know where to start. When I
> get everything working under Linux, I'm going to wipe the other OS anyway.

I did this on an IBM R30 with Win98 (no NTFS afaik) with FIPS, and it
worked well, even without a rescue floppy disk.
First, I thought there would be no way around Partition Magic, but then
I found FIPS and so I saved some money :-)

http://www.igd.fhg.de/~aschaefe/fips/

maybe it's worth a try...

hope it helps

jan