Re: performance with Crusoe

Hi,
AFAIK Crusoe is designed to run at low speed until the system asks for full power (eg: while doing nothing run at low speed to maximize battery life and minimize heating, while doing hard work switch to full speed to maximize performance).
>From Transmeta site I can see that this cpu is windoze certified, that means that windoze has a driver to handle crusoe power management and ask for more power when needed. Linux still hasn't this kind of policy based PM for P-states.

Take a look at ACPI and CPUFREQ patches.

These are just my assumptions and perhaps not completely correct. Can somebody confirm?

--
mattia