Re: Installing X

> Hello,
>
> I'm new to Debian distributions. I used the rescue floppy to get a
> kernel installed, via the Internet. However, I'm not familiar
> with the Debian method of installing X. Can someone point me to some
> documentation, or a url, or a verbose string of commands to
> "apt-get" X ?

What might be easiest is to run 'tasksel' (if its not installed you can apt-get
it: apt-get install tasksel). This gives you the option to install groups of
packages, one of which is X.

Jeff

--
Friends shouldn't help friends run Windows.

This mail sent through Global Dial Mail http://mail.globaldial.com